Monday, March 7, 2011

the Art of Eating

This beautiful publication created by Edward Behr in 1986 is for all of you "Foodies" out there. It is very hard for me to call this a magazine because to me it is more like art; food and drink art.

I had never seen or heard of this publication. Before Thanksgiving, I was meeting with my friend Barbara in Palo Alto and asked her for a grocery store recommendation near California Avenue. She replied, " Molly Stones of course." I went there, did my shopping and got in line to check out. the Art of Eating was right there, glaring at me waiting to be purchased like an impulse buy; though, it was something more, so much more!

The quarterly publication is void of advertisements. Each edition targets a specific subject, for example: "New Ways to Be a Restaurant in Paris," or "Real Beer in Belgium the Greatest Brewing Country," or "Really Good Goat Cheese". There are interesting articles, recipes, restaurants and book reviews. I think that Alice Waters statement sums it up completely: "This is what the food movement used to be all about - honesty and integrity - not hype."

I have given this beautiful creation for birthday, Christmas and hostess gifts to all of my family and friends that enjoy "the Art of Eating," you should too!


No comments:

Post a Comment