Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cleansing Conclusions

It has now been one full week since completing my 3-day BluePrintCleanse (BPC) and the 1-day "ease back onto solid foods" recommended recovery regime. I am satisfied with my results and I am a believer! BPC did help me to get off the plateau that was holding me back. I am now again well on my way to reach my weight loss goals of 1 to 1-1/2 pounds per week. Ultimately, after the completion of my 4 day program, I dropped 4.9 pounds. As you may guess, all of this did not stay off. After one week of "eating, drinking & being merry (with conscience awareness)" with "real" food and attending two dinner parties, my final result <3.7> pounds. It's possible that my results could have been greater by forgoing the dinner parties all together; however my goal was to break my plateau not to use the cleanse as my main weight loss mechanism.

After this objective test, I will incorporate BPC into my quarterly regime for plateau problems, over- indulgence from a celebration or vacation, or just getting myself back on track. I will even purchase their raw concoctions to have on hand for a morning or afternoon snack. I hope that they have a more San Jose centric location for purchasing these products soon.

When discussing BPC with a friend who works with a lot of brides, she suggested that this would be a great preparation for a wedding or a big event. I concur! In fact, BluePrintCleanse offers a "Bride to BPC" program.

The next time that I do BPC, I will avoid intense exercise. My 4+ mile walk was too aggressive for the amount of caloric intake while on this cleanse. From past experience on cleanses, I already knew this but had to try anyway. Instead, I think that a gentle yoga class, relaxing with a good book or meditation in a hot tub would be better alternatives for the mind, body, and spirit.

Whether you take on the BluePrintCleanse for the reasons that I did, or for reasons of your own, as the BPC folks say,  it's about the "juice, the whole juice and nothing but the juice;" I believe it!

1 comment:

  1. The BPC sounds very interesting.On a daily basis I make fresh juice with my juicing machine. Juicing fresh veggies and fruit to make delicious drinks and get valuable nutrients without any chemicals or preservatives. I find if I have 2 glasses a day I eat healthier and feel more energetic. There are all types of juices you can make. I use carrots as a base for just about all my drinks. This week I have been making carrot kale apple and carrot apple ginger which tastes great!
    To make a glass of each use the following:
    3 large carrots, 2 stems of kale, 1 whole Fuji apple
    3 large carrots, 1 Fuji or Red Delicious apple, 1 piece of ginger thge size of 2 almonds

    If using organic carrots and apples then wash well and keep the skin on because that is where a lot of nutrients are. If not peel all skin off before juicing to avoid pesticides. Things like ginger should be peeled and used sparingly since it is very strong. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete